I love peanut butter and chocolate…especially when they’re together.
It’s pretty tempting to take a spoon right to the jar, isn’t it? I’d be lying if I said I didn’t do that at least once a week 🙂
Have you ever had those crunchy chocolate-covered peanut butter balls made with Rice Krispies? The recipe usually calls for a cup of refined sugar, margarine and vegetable shortening. That combo is an inflammation nightmare for your body! I wanted to find a healthier alternative that still had a similar flavor and texture but without all the not-so-good-for-us ingredients.
The combination of crunchy rice cereal, creamy peanut butter, sweet maple syrup and chocolate means these little bites won’t last long. Bring them to a party or just make them for your friends and family. They’re definitely a crowd pleaser!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- 1 cup 100% natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3.5-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal (check out the gluten-free aisle in your store or shop online. We bought the Barbara’s brand)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life because they are dairy, gluten and soy free)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
Check out oh she glows for the full recipe!