I’m SO happy to be back in my kitchen!
After spending two weeks in upstate New York and the Pacific Northwest for vacation, Bill and I were both looking forward to being home.
We hadn’t been home for 48 hours before I was busy experimenting with new recipes. This one turned out to be a big hit with my husband’s men’s softball team (and their fans!).
I’ve made about dozen different recipes for no-bake energy bites, so I was trying to come up with a flavor combo I hadn’t tried before.
Sooo, I tried apple pie in August…why not? 🙂
Our friend, Matt, said these were the best things I’ve ever made, so I knew I had to share the recipe with all of you…and the quick video for how to make it. My husband, Bill, has been a BIG help making techie things like this happen.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled and chopped (Granny Smith works best)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted (DON’T use deglet dates…they’re not as chewy!)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Add oats, walnuts, almonds, spices, and salt to the food processor and process for about 20-25 seconds or until it reaches a coarse meal.
- Add the vanilla, apples, raisins, and dates, and process until it forms a ball. You may have to stop the processor, break apart the dough chunks and process again a few times to blend it all together.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in shredded coconut. Store in fridge or freezer.