I love simple recipes.
Satisfyingly sweet and dripping with juicy goodness, peaches are nature’s candy.
They’re delicious on their own but even better in recipes.
Today’s recipe for roasted, honey-glazed peaches is so easy, you’re going to want to try it this week!
Roasting food in the oven creates depth of flavor and helps all of the ingredients meld together to create mouthwatering dishes.
This is especially true of vegetables…and even fruit! Ever had baked apples or pears or a fruit crisp or crumble? If you answered, “yes,” then you know what I mean!
I recently baked an ooey gooey triple berry peach crumble and was inspired to try something super simple by just using peaches as the main ingredient.
I didn’t know what to expect but was very pleased by the result! When my parents were over for dinner the other night, I served this for dessert, and they raved about it!
I made a raspberry chia jam (also simple & only 4 ingredients) earlier this week, and you could put a nice dollop of that on top, but I opted for coconut milk whipped cream (3 ingredients!) 🙂
Honey-Glazed Baked Peaches
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 ripe peaches, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted OR 2 teaspoons grass-fed butter, melted (Kerry Gold brand is sold in almost every major grocery store and is grass-fed)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey (or other sweetener, such as coconut sugar, 100% pure maple syrup, or raw honey)
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the coconut oil and honey together in a small bowl.
- Place the peaches cut-side up in a baking dish lined with parchment paper (to prevent sticking!). Fill each peach cavity with the mixture and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the flesh has softened and the tops are browned. Check halfway through cooking and baste the top of the peach halves with the melted mixture in the middle, so it seeps in.
- Serve warm, with the toppings of your choice. I used coconut milk whipped cream (click for the recipe). SO good!