Aside from being delicious, the best part about this recipe is that you can whip it up in 10 minutes!
It’s simple, flavorful, and really good for you.
I just started cooking with broccolini in the past few months and really love it! The stalks are thinner than broccoli, so I find that I’m able to eat the whole stalk, which means less food is wasted.
Making this dish also gave us an excuse to keep using our perfectly paleo parmesan cheeze – we couldn’t stop eating it!
If you missed the post from a few months ago about broccoli, here’s why broccoli and relatives of broccoli like broccolini are so good for you! Tom Malterre, one of the most renowned nutrition experts, even calls broccoli “the DNA whisperer.”
10-Minute Broccolini with Cherry Tomatoes & Garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 bunches of broccolini, trim off about a 1/2 inch on the bottom end
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (about one container) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: Paleo Parmesan Cheeze
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add broccolini and cook 2 minutes.
- Add water and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper; cook, uncovered, 4 minutes or until broccolini is crisp-tender but still bright green.
- Top with paleo parmesan cheeze and enjoy!