If you’re ready to transform your relationship with food and your body, keep reading. For two nights in May, I’m going to equip and empower you to do just that!
In our earliest moments of life, food was nourishment, love, warmth, safety, pleasure, acceptance, and comfort.
Considering how positive and affirming our initial relationship with food was at one time, it should be surprising that we’ve moved so far away from that today. For many of us, eating is more stressful, guilt-ridden, fear-driven and frustrating than we’d like it to be.
What “should” we eat? Is it possible to truly enjoy food…without guilt? Can we find joy and pleasure in eating?
Each of us is on our own journey with food and our body. Learning to listen to our body’s whispers and trust the journey can be challenging. Whether you’ve struggled with shame, guilt, resentment, confusion, or deprivation around food, chances are you haven’t always had a joyful relationship with or attitude toward food.
But, what if you could?
What if you could learn to eat in a way that connected you to your food, how it makes you feel, where it comes from, how it was raised, and its journey to your plate?
What if you could truly savor your food? Enjoy it? Find pleasure in it? Truly taste it? What if eating could be a joyful experience and not just a biological nuisance?
What if instead of eating “mindfully” we chose to eat “soulfully”?
What if we could shift our mindset to see food as fueling, healing and nourishing?
What if we could learn to love the food that loves us back?
If you’re looking to transform your relationship and experience with food, join me for a two-part workshop series about Eating Empowerment at the Institute for Integrative Health in Baltimore on May 11th and May 25th.
Keep reading for more details about the event and the link for how to register! I will be so excited to see you there!
You’ll gain strategies for:
- Developing a positive, guilt-free, judgment-free relationship with food
- Increasing your resilience to stress through how and what you eat
- Influencing your mood through food choices
- Enhancing your satisfaction with meals and snacks, so you’re not tempted to overeat
- Activating your five senses to create a pleasurable eating experience
- Reconnecting with food, yourself, and the community around you
- Samples of my favorite mood-boosting foods
- The role of digestive health in our body’s response to stress
- The link between stress and digestion
- Which foods boost or stabilize moods
- The benefits of mindful and community eating
In addition, nutrition researcher Chris D’Adamo, PhD will provide scientific insight about the connection between food and mood. He and I will be happy to take your questions.