I’m especially excited about this recipe because it marks a special point in my food journey.
As I shared in one of my first posts, I used to hate the main ingredient in this recipe…
The very idea of the funky-shaped purple vegetable weirded me out, and I had no desire to eat it…ever.
Fast forward to today, and I’ve come up with an eggplant recipe that I dare say would get ANYONE (even kids!) to like eggplant.
I made a similar version of these a few months ago in the form of eggplant fries, but the coating on these chips is absolutely to die for and makes them – as my dad AND husband said – “One of the best things you’ve EVER made.”
We liked them SO much that my sister, Jane, even requested that I make them for her 21st birthday dinner the other night. Everyone gobbled them up!
Almond & Rosemary-Crusted Eggplant Chips
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ¼” discs
- 1-2 free-range eggs, whisked (I only needed 1, but depending on the size of your eggplant, you might need 2)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (sub in cornstarch if you don’t have arrowroot)
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1-2 tsps dried…fresh tastes best!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Additional sea salt to sprinkle on the eggplant to draw out moisture
- Preheat oven to 425F.
Crispy, crunchy, and savory with a hint of salt. No soggy eggplant here, folks!
They’re also incredibly addictive and DEEElicious!
You’ll enjoy them even more with this tomato dipping sauce on the side.
I guarantee you will eat the whole tray.
We did 🙂