Today’s post is brought to you by the letter “P.” 🙂
This recipe is great as a fueling pre or post workout snack or as a quick energy boost when you hit a morning or afternoon slump.
The SECRET to all-day energy is eating foods that contain a combo of healthy fats + protein + fiber, and these pecan pie poppers have all three!
They also make a yummy dessert.
Caramel-ly, chewy dates + smooth and subtly salty almond butter + crunchy pecan = deeeelicious!
These poppers are super simple to make and require no cooking or fancy equipment. Just a knife, a bowl, and a spoon.
I made these at my inflammation-busting, energy-boosting cooking class last week, and everyone raved about them! One of my friends liked them so much that we packed extras for her to take to work as snacks.
Keep these on hand for a sweet, crunchy, and energizing on the go snack or sweet treat!
- 12 Medjool dates
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup (optional – adds a touch more sweetness & moisture if your almond butter is on the dry side)
- pinch fine grain sea salt
- 12 pecans
- Slice down the middle of each date on one side and remove pit.
- Stir almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or knife, stuff each date with approximately 1 teaspoon of almond butter.
- Stuff 1 pecan into almond butter mixture in each date as shown in the picture above.
Then…stuff the whole thing in your face 🙂 Enjoy!