We’re approaching the final week of construction on our kitchen (YAY!), which has been going on for almost two months. I’m excited to get back in my kitchen so I can come up with more delicious, nourishing recipes to share with you!
One piece of equipment I’ve had access to throughout the remodel process is my food processor. It is one of the most versatile and useful tools in our kitchen. We use it to shred cabbage and carrots and to whip up hummus, pesto, and chocolate avocado pudding.
I wanted to come up with a new no-bake bite recipe to celebrate my friend Jinji’s birthday. She makes our favorite chocolate treats that I slowly savor on a weekly basis, so I thought I’d check with her to see what flavor combinations she might like.
Ginger…LOTS of ginger.
Ginger for Jinji 🙂
I took her inspiration and combined a few tastes and textures that I thought would complement each other and came up with my newest no-bake recipe!
The bite from the ginger, zing from the lemon zest, tartness of the cranberries and a pinch of salt come together in a special way in these energy bites. For more energy bite recipes, check out this page.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Process cashews and coconut in a food processor until it reaches the consistency of a fine meal/flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until the ingredients start sticking together.
- Shape dough into a small ball with your hands and roll to smooth them out. Store in the fridge or freezer.